Romford 101-year-old surprised with Trixy the pony at birthday party
- Credit: Gill Hood
A Romford family threw a special birthday party for their nan’s 101st birthday, complete with a pony.
Gill Hood, 39, arranged the party for her grandmother Frances Eldred in Frances's communal garden in Harold Hill on April 18, inviting Gill's sister, niece, husband Stephen, and sons four-year-old Flynn and eight-year-old Jack.
She said: “We told her ‘there’s someone here to see you’ and then she saw the pony.
“She was a bit confused at first but then she was very happy to hold the reigns and pet him.”
Brentwood’s Fairytail Pony Events brought Trixy the pony to meet Frances, and the 101-year-old said she had a lovely birthday, especially as she was not expecting the party.
You may also want to watch:
The family could not properly celebrate Frances’s 100th birthday last year due to Covid restrictions, but they brought a banner to her house and stood outside.
Gill added: “It was really lovely and special as we missed out last year.
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
“She’s such a lovely lady, so it was nice to do something memorable with her, especially after the past year."