Romford girl storms to charts No.1
SHE was tipped for chart success since last year, but the moment finally arrived when Romford singer Jessie J stormed into number one in the charts with her second single.
Jessie Cornish, 22 who goes by the name of Jessie J sailed into number one in the UK singles charts on Sunday (February 6) with her second single called Price Tag featuring B.O.B.
The singer, who beat off competition from other acts like Kylie Minogue and Taio Cruz to reach number one, is also dominating the chart with her other track called Do It Like A Dude.
To celebrate her success, the star performed a gig at London’s Barfly Club and even had to be escorted by security to avoid paparazzi.
Her success is also set to continue into this month when she is due to pick up an award for the Critics’ Choice Awards at the Brit Awards.
You may also want to watch:
Jessie’s first found fame in 2003 when she recorded an 11 track demo at an Essex based studio which propelled her into the final of a TV talent show.
She has also penned tunes for the likes of Alicia Keys, toured with Chris Brown and notably wrote Miley Cyrus’ number one billboard smash Party In The USA.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 5 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
Last year the singer was tipped for chart success after receiving glowing praises from US pop icons Justin Timberlake and former Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland.
Jessie was hailed as the best singer in the world by Justin Timberlake and then Kelly Rowland tweeted about her on the social networking site after she saw her perform in the US.
After the show, Kelly Rowland posted on Twitter: “Jessie J was fantastic tonight.
“Well done Mama you smashed.”
Speaking to the Observer about praise from Justin Timberlake, Jessie said: “Its obviously a huge compliment, but I aspire to get to the same level as someone like that with my art, so it didn’t faze me.
“And in those situations I want to make it feel like they’re meeting me, as much as I am meeting them.
“In a nice way.”
Jessie’s debut album, Who We Are is due to be released on February 28 after the date was pushed forward after the success of her second single.