Romford girl guides win Jack Petchey accolades at awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
More than 80 girl guides received awards for their achievements with their girl guide groups at an awards ceremony last week.
The guides from Girl Guiding Essex West received Jack Petchey Achievement awards for a range of worthy accomplishments including completing challenges and supporting other guides.
The young winners, aged 11-25, received medals, certificates and £200 cheques for their commitment to the guide group.
The winners were nominated by their peers and guide leaders, with eight leaders also receiving awards for their work motivating young people.
Girl Guiding Essex West county commissioner Jan Knight said: “Our Guides never cease to amaze me - how caring they are of others in their units and also their communities.”
You may also want to watch:
Among the winners was Fern Denyer, 14, of the Hornchurch Unit, who won for her organisational skills a support given to fellow guides.
Another winner was 14-year-old Hannah Francis, of the Romford Unit, who was recognised for completing challenges to a high standard.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer
Jack Petchey Foundation founder Mr Petchey said: “I am passionate about our awards scheme which enables young people to be recognised, valued and rewarded for their achievements and positive contributions to society.”