Romford fundraiser gives football fans chance to win World Cup memorabilia signed by West Ham heroes
- Credit: Marie and David Wilkinson
A charity fundraiser is offering the chance to win a photo and shirt signed by World Cup winning footballers Sir Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters MBE.
Marie Wilkinson, 64, of Marks Road, Romford is running a raffle outside Havering Town Hall, Main Road, Romford on Saturday, June 24.
Marie volunteers for Veterans Aid, which supports ex-servicemen and women, providing accommodation, medical care and employment assistance.
In the run up to the event, Marie and husband David, 70, will have a stall at Romford Market on Saturday, June 17, selling raffle tickets at £1 per strip.
“Soldiers have done a lot for us. They do their duty and go through so much danger,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“I don’t think the soldiers should be on the street, I think it’s disgusting.
“They serve their duty and end up on the street, it breaks my heart.”
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
Last year, the charity helped 3535 former soldiers and provided 154 with accommodation.