Romford flats evacuated over carbon monoxide leak fears
PUBLISHED: 13:53 09 November 2015 | UPDATED: 13:53 09 November 2015
Fifty people were removed from their homes last night as firefighters investigated a suspected carbon monoxide leak.
A block of flats in Cottons Approach, Romford, was evacuated and a woman and two girls were treated by paramedics at the scene.
Fire crews, who were called just after 8.15pm, used detection and monitoring equipment to sweep a five roomed flat on the second floor, but no elevated readings were found. The building was ventilated as a precaution and the situation was dealt with by 11pm.
Two fire engines from Romford and Harold Hill fire stations attended.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.