Romford firms rewards employee’s long service
A FORMER chef has been honoured by his employers for his long service.
Gareth Wilson has worked for 18 years for food and venue company Kudos, which is owned by Crown Group, based in London Road, Romford.
Mr Wilson is director of catering at Central Hall in Westminster, and was given Kudos’s first ever Long Service Award at a ceremony celebrating the work of employees of the company.
The trained chef, who won a trophy, champagne and a cash prize, now looks after the public cafeteria, banqueting and conference facilities at the venue, which is located opposite the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
Mr Wilson, who lives in Brentwood, said: “I am absolutely delighted to win this award. Whilst the industry is very different today compared to when I started, our company hasn’t lost the family values that we have always held.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m also responsible for a venue that is very varied and interesting, which means that I am still learning every day, whilst also trying to pass on a few hints and tips to those starting their careers.”
Jon Pryce, managing director of Kudos, said: “I am really pleased for Gareth, whose commitment to our business has been exceptional.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 4 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
“Not only is he keen to continue developing his own skills, but he is also plays an instrumental part in developing the skillset of others around him. He is a real asset to the team and a worthy winner of the award.”