Romford car storage shed and pressure washer consumed by blaze
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A motor storage shed and static pressure washer have been destroyed in a fire which ripped through an open-air car wash bay in Romford.
Firefighters were called to the blaze on Sandgate Close on September 12.
The brigade's fire investigators believe it was accidental and caused by a fault in a pressure washer.
Around 75 people left the building before the brigade arrived and there were no reports of injuries.
The brigade was called to the fire just after 10.30am and had it under control by 11.19am.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from Romford, Hornchurch, Harold Hill and Dagenham fire stations attended the scene.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites