Romford car storage shed and pressure washer consumed by blaze
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
A motor storage shed and static pressure washer have been destroyed in a fire which ripped through an open-air car wash bay in Romford.
Firefighters were called to the blaze on Sandgate Close on September 12.
The brigade's fire investigators believe it was accidental and caused by a fault in a pressure washer.
Around 75 people left the building before the brigade arrived and there were no reports of injuries.
The brigade was called to the fire just after 10.30am and had it under control by 11.19am.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from Romford, Hornchurch, Harold Hill and Dagenham fire stations attended the scene.
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 10 Romford girl secures Las Vegas trip after winning Teen Miss Diamond UK