Romford face ‘fun trip’ to Ware
Martin looks ahead to next challenge
Romford return to Ryman Division One North action at lowly Ware today, having bowed out of the FA Trophy at the hands of landlords Thurrock last weekend.
Boro host Chatham on Wednesday and manager Paul Martin said: “Ware are struggling at the moment but it’s always a fun trip!
“Everyone else is on par so far this season, no-one is running away with it. Ilford had a good point against Potters Bar, so our two wins against them look big now.
“We’ve got to go and do a job and get three points.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t think we played particularly well last weekend, but we still gave ourselves a chance of getting through and getting some prize money.
“We went 1-0 up but we’re a bit young and inexperienced at the moment and that probably cost us.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
“I think 3-1 flattered them and East Thurrock away in the next round will be tough, but good luck to Thurrock.
“We’ve got a tough month coming up with three Wednesdays on the spin.
“I watched Chatham and they look very organised.”
Joe Oates is set to return from a one-game ban, but Lewis Payne has been ruled out and Ryan Imbert is a doubt.
Boro are looking to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital on Non-League Day tomorrow week (October 13).
They welcome Soham Town to Ship Lane and will be handing out free t-shirts to a bid to fill the main stand with blue and gold.
Entry will be �10 adults, �7 concessions and �2 for children.