Romford face ‘fun trip’ to Ware
Martin looks ahead to next challenge
Romford return to Ryman Division One North action at lowly Ware today, having bowed out of the FA Trophy at the hands of landlords Thurrock last weekend.
Boro host Chatham on Wednesday and manager Paul Martin said: “Ware are struggling at the moment but it’s always a fun trip!
“Everyone else is on par so far this season, no-one is running away with it. Ilford had a good point against Potters Bar, so our two wins against them look big now.
“We’ve got to go and do a job and get three points.
You may also want to watch:
“I didn’t think we played particularly well last weekend, but we still gave ourselves a chance of getting through and getting some prize money.
“We went 1-0 up but we’re a bit young and inexperienced at the moment and that probably cost us.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
“I think 3-1 flattered them and East Thurrock away in the next round will be tough, but good luck to Thurrock.
“We’ve got a tough month coming up with three Wednesdays on the spin.
“I watched Chatham and they look very organised.”
Joe Oates is set to return from a one-game ban, but Lewis Payne has been ruled out and Ryan Imbert is a doubt.
Boro are looking to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital on Non-League Day tomorrow week (October 13).
They welcome Soham Town to Ship Lane and will be handing out free t-shirts to a bid to fill the main stand with blue and gold.
Entry will be �10 adults, �7 concessions and �2 for children.