Romford enjoy Bar trip
Harrow hit Hornchurch hopes
Romford celebrated only their third win in 12 Ryman One North matches at Potters Bar on Saturday.
Captain Paul Clayton headed Boro in front at Watkins Lane from Ricki Mackin’s 17th-minute free kick.
And Kurt Smith made it 2-0 soon after, when Abs Seymour got up above the home defence to nod down the perfect pass.
The home side hit back with 19 minutes remaining when James Edgerley’s cross was diverted goalwards by Chris Doyle and deflected in off Mackin.
You may also want to watch:
But Boro had chances to add to their tally in the closing stages as they sealed three vital points in their play-off push.
Paul Martin’s men welcome Ilford to Mill Field tomorrow (Tuesday).
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
Hornchurch dropped out of the Premier Division’s top five after a 1-0 defeat at Harrow.
Wayne Walters claimed the only goal of the game in first-half injury time as Urchins slipped to sixth ahead of their Bridge Avenue meeting with Hastings tomorrow.