Romford enjoy Bar trip
Harrow hit Hornchurch hopes
Romford celebrated only their third win in 12 Ryman One North matches at Potters Bar on Saturday.
Captain Paul Clayton headed Boro in front at Watkins Lane from Ricki Mackin’s 17th-minute free kick.
And Kurt Smith made it 2-0 soon after, when Abs Seymour got up above the home defence to nod down the perfect pass.
The home side hit back with 19 minutes remaining when James Edgerley’s cross was diverted goalwards by Chris Doyle and deflected in off Mackin.
You may also want to watch:
But Boro had chances to add to their tally in the closing stages as they sealed three vital points in their play-off push.
Paul Martin’s men welcome Ilford to Mill Field tomorrow (Tuesday).
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
Hornchurch dropped out of the Premier Division’s top five after a 1-0 defeat at Harrow.
Wayne Walters claimed the only goal of the game in first-half injury time as Urchins slipped to sixth ahead of their Bridge Avenue meeting with Hastings tomorrow.