Romford Dogs closed after failing fire safety exercise
- Credit: Archant
Coral Romford Greyhound Stadium has closed to the public after it failed a fire safety exercise.
The stadium in London Road, Romford, did not open on Monday night and trials scheduled for today (November 14) were cancelled.
Simon Clare of Ladbrokes Coral said it has a team on site addressing the issues.
“Due to the failure of a fire safety exercise, we were unable to run the race meeting at Romford last night,” he said.
“We would like to reassure local residents that we do not believe the issues identified posed a risk of fire.
You may also want to watch:
“Romford stadium is an integral part of the local community and we were acting in the best interests of the customers, the dogs and trainers and residents in taking the precaution of closing the stadium while we carry out checks.”
The Recorder understands that the venue may not be open tomorrow and staff are currently in a meeting to discuss what happens next.
- 1 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week