Romford ‘desperate’ to play
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Captain Barry reveals frustration
Romford captain Jack Barry is desperately hoping tonight’s Ryman Division One North clash at Cheshunt gets the go-ahead.
Boro have been frustrated by the weather in recent weeks, not playing since their 4-1 win over lowly Ware on January 12.
They have seen trips to Waltham Abbey and Soham Town postponed since, as well as Saturday’s home game against Sudbury.
Tonight’s fixture is rearranged from last week and Barry, on target when Boro did last play, said: “It has been very frustrating with all the games being off.
You may also want to watch:
“It feels a long time ago since we played a competitive match, but Magic [Paul Martin] has had us all in training.
“We’ve been working hard on a few things we need to improve, which is good for us and for all the boys, so we get a good understanding with each other, so when we go into our next game we know what’s to be done.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
“But we just all want the game to be on so, we can all get back out there and get playing again and try and climb up the table as quick as possible.
“All the boys are just itching to get going again.”