Romford ‘desperate’ to play
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Captain Barry reveals frustration
Romford captain Jack Barry is desperately hoping tonight’s Ryman Division One North clash at Cheshunt gets the go-ahead.
Boro have been frustrated by the weather in recent weeks, not playing since their 4-1 win over lowly Ware on January 12.
They have seen trips to Waltham Abbey and Soham Town postponed since, as well as Saturday’s home game against Sudbury.
Tonight’s fixture is rearranged from last week and Barry, on target when Boro did last play, said: “It has been very frustrating with all the games being off.
You may also want to watch:
“It feels a long time ago since we played a competitive match, but Magic [Paul Martin] has had us all in training.
“We’ve been working hard on a few things we need to improve, which is good for us and for all the boys, so we get a good understanding with each other, so when we go into our next game we know what’s to be done.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
“But we just all want the game to be on so, we can all get back out there and get playing again and try and climb up the table as quick as possible.
“All the boys are just itching to get going again.”