Romford dancer on new reality TV Showboaters, Sky 1
An aspiring dancer from Romford is set to pit her skills against a boatload of wannabe performers in an upcoming reality TV show.
Dance teacher Emma Murphey, 21, of Havering Road, will be hitting our TV screens next month on new programme Showboaters, on Sky 1.
The show sees ten contestants performing for passengers on a luxury cruise ship in the Caribbean. The performances will be judged by a panel of experts, with a contestant booted off each week.
Contestants will also be forced to help out on the boat, from serving in the restaurants to housekeeping.
Emma, who studied at theatre arts school Italia Conti in central London, said she was excited to see her family and friend’s reaction to the show.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was an incredible experience. I met some really amazing people…and the odd one where you have to bite your tongue.
“I got to do what I love and see the world.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
Emma was careful not to give away too much but said she hopes the show will open up doors for her on the stage.
She added: “I’ve always loved performing, ever since I was little. My dream is to be in a West End show. Strictly Come Dancing would also be good.”
Showboaters premieres on Tuesday September 13 at 8pm.