Romford dancer on new reality TV Showboaters, Sky 1
An aspiring dancer from Romford is set to pit her skills against a boatload of wannabe performers in an upcoming reality TV show.
Dance teacher Emma Murphey, 21, of Havering Road, will be hitting our TV screens next month on new programme Showboaters, on Sky 1.
The show sees ten contestants performing for passengers on a luxury cruise ship in the Caribbean. The performances will be judged by a panel of experts, with a contestant booted off each week.
Contestants will also be forced to help out on the boat, from serving in the restaurants to housekeeping.
Emma, who studied at theatre arts school Italia Conti in central London, said she was excited to see her family and friend’s reaction to the show.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “It was an incredible experience. I met some really amazing people…and the odd one where you have to bite your tongue.
“I got to do what I love and see the world.”
- 1 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 2 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 5 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 10 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
Emma was careful not to give away too much but said she hopes the show will open up doors for her on the stage.
She added: “I’ve always loved performing, ever since I was little. My dream is to be in a West End show. Strictly Come Dancing would also be good.”
Showboaters premieres on Tuesday September 13 at 8pm.