Romford cut Forest down to size
Welcome clean sheet for Boro
Romford claimed their second win in three Ryman One North outings with a 2-0 success over Waltham Forest.
Boro struck either side of the break to seal the points at Mill Field and move closer to manager Paul Martin’s target for the season.
Beaten 3-2 at leaders Leiston a week earlier, following victory by the same margin at basement boys Ilford, Boro boss Martin will have been pleased to see his side keep only their second clean sheet in 13 outings.
Elliot Anderson replaced Lamar Johnson, who has joined landlords Aveley, in goal and the home side took the lead six minutes before half-time when Joe Oates crossed from the left and Hussein Isa and Kurt Smith combined to set up Chris Sullivan for his first goal for the club.
You may also want to watch:
Boro doubled their advantage six minutes after the restart when Isa teed up strike partner Smith, who fired a low left-footed shot home for his 13th goal of the campaign.
Isa went close to adding to his debut strike at Ilford, before Boro were reduced to 10 men when Abs Seymour was shown a straight red card on 75 minutes.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
Martin sent Paul Clayton and Chris Barry on in the closing stages to help Boro protect their lead and build confidence ahead of their derby clash at Brentwood tomorrow.