Romford crime author backs animal charity
Gritty Romford crime writer Kimberley Chambers is urging people to support the ‘fantastic’ work of a hard-working animal charity.
Kimberley has agreed to highlight the work of the Wanderers Haven Animal Sanctuary and dropped by its base in Cranham to see the essential work that goes on helping homeless and ill-treated animals.
The Feud author, who is about to publish her latest book, said: “It’s fantastic down there. I absolutely loved it, they are such nice people and the animals are really well treated.”
For around 50 years the charity has been rescuing all sorts of animals from dogs and cats to horses, goats, rabbits and guinea pigs and finding them more loving places to stay.
But its volunteers are always up against it and are always on the look out for donations of food, bedding and people who can spare some time to help out.
You may also want to watch:
Kimberley said: “There are so many generous people around and they’re thrilled with the support they get but always need more.
“They need hay in particular, because it’s quite expensive, or people to sponsor them, or who walk the dogs, which I will be going back to do.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
Havering Sixth Form College in Wingletye Lane hosts a fundraising quiz night on April 30 from 7.30pm and the Haven is staging two open days on June 11 and 12.
Kimberley Chambers will be signing The Victim at Pat’s book stall in Romford Market on June 4 and in Waterstones on June 11.
For quiz information contact Janet on 01708 509434 or to find out more about the Haven email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01708 220168.