Romford couple’s Christmas baby joy
Father Christmas brought a Romford couple the perfect present on Christmas day with the birth of their baby boy.
Alfie Henry Folley arrived at 12.07am at Queen’s Hospital and weighed a healthy 7lb 6oz. He is proud parents Karen, 32, and Gary’s, 37, first baby.
Proud mum Karen said: “I was over the moon when he arrived. He was the best Christmas present I could have asked for.”
Dad Gary said: “We are thrilled to bits and think it’s brilliant that he came along and both he and Karen are well and healthy.”
Alfie was not due until January 11, but after complications with Karen getting diabetes during pregnancy and suffering from epilepsy she was induced on Christmas eve and he was born via a Caesarean Section. Alfie and Karen were monitored and allowed to go home on Boxing Day.
You may also want to watch:
Gary, of Woodlands Road, Marshalls Park, said: “We were expecting her to go into hospital, but hoped she would give birth on Christmas eve so we could be home for Christmas day. We had an early Christmas dinner on Sunday, and will have a belated celebration with all the family on New Year ’s Day to celebrate Alfie’s first Christmas.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 4 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 8 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Havering college to launch new £15 million Rainham centre