Romford Conservative Club to be ‘relaunched’ as Churchill House Social Club on Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Romford Conservative Club is inviting current and prospective members to its relaunch on Sunday.
The event runs from 3pm at the club, based in Churchill House, on Main Road, Gidea Park. It will include a guest appearance from Romford MP Andrew Rosindell.
The club is being renamed “Churchill House” as part of a drive to change perceptions.
Committee member Cllr Geoff Starns said: “Although there are political affiliations, it’s a social club.
“People think because it’s a conservative club it’s very political, and it isn’t.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a safe social environment.”
Romford Conservative Club, which has about 140 members, meets regularly and hosts quiz nights and live entertainment.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
It was founded in 1928, and moved to its current site 60 years ago.
The next quiz night is on Saturday, May 25. For more details about events, call 01708 740 817.