Romford commuters face delays due to overhead wire problems
COMMUTERS faced delays this morning on their journeys into work due to overhead wire problems at Romford Station.
National Express East Anglia Trains running from Romford Station to London Liverpool Street were facing delays of up to 50 minutes today (Friday December 17).
People trying to make their journeys into work were forced to get on London Underground tubes and London Buses as an alternative route.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said: “We are trying to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and we would like to apologise to our customers for the dealys.”
A spokesman for Network Rail said: “This morning we were experiencing problems in and around the Romford Station.
You may also want to watch:
“Our engineers on site working to establish what is causing the problem and carrying out repairs.
“We would like to apologise who were affected by the problems this morning.”
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex