Romford commuters face delays due to overhead wire problems
COMMUTERS faced delays this morning on their journeys into work due to overhead wire problems at Romford Station.
National Express East Anglia Trains running from Romford Station to London Liverpool Street were facing delays of up to 50 minutes today (Friday December 17).
People trying to make their journeys into work were forced to get on London Underground tubes and London Buses as an alternative route.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said: “We are trying to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and we would like to apologise to our customers for the dealys.”
A spokesman for Network Rail said: “This morning we were experiencing problems in and around the Romford Station.
“Our engineers on site working to establish what is causing the problem and carrying out repairs.
“We would like to apologise who were affected by the problems this morning.”
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 3 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 4 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 5 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 6 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 7 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 8 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 9 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 10 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas