Romford commuters face delays due to overhead wire problems
COMMUTERS faced delays this morning on their journeys into work due to overhead wire problems at Romford Station.
National Express East Anglia Trains running from Romford Station to London Liverpool Street were facing delays of up to 50 minutes today (Friday December 17).
People trying to make their journeys into work were forced to get on London Underground tubes and London Buses as an alternative route.
A spokesman for National Express East Anglia said: “We are trying to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and we would like to apologise to our customers for the dealys.”
A spokesman for Network Rail said: “This morning we were experiencing problems in and around the Romford Station.
You may also want to watch:
“Our engineers on site working to establish what is causing the problem and carrying out repairs.
“We would like to apologise who were affected by the problems this morning.”
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Havering students secure places at University of Oxford summer school
- 10 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'