Romford Christmas Lights 2019: Can you spot yourself in our gallery?
- Credit: Archant
Romford’s town centre was lit up with fireworks and festive performances from S Club 3 at this year’s Christmas lights switch-on.
Thousands of people gathered in the Market Place for the Christmas lights switch-on event on Thursday, November 14.
Singers from S Club 3, formed of three of the original members of S Club 7, were on hand to assist the Mayor of Havering, councillor Michael Deon Burton to turn on the lights.
Dancers from Lit Youth, singer Charlie Dillon from Elm Park, young performers from Razzamataz, the cast of Queen's Theatre's pantomime Robin Hood and performers from the Vocal Jukebox also took to the stage to keep residents entertained throughout the night.
The event, sponsored by the Romford Business Improvement District and Everyone Active, is one of several festive celebrations across the borough.
You may also want to watch:
The Hornchurch Christmas Cracker returns on Saturday, November 16 at 11am, on Thursday, November 21 it's the turn of Upminster to light up Christmas from 3.30pm to 6pm and the traditional Rainham Village Christmas Fayre will be held on Saturday, December 7 starting at 10am.
Harold Hill is switching on its Christmas lights at the Hilldene Shopping Centre on Monday, December 2
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?