Romford chasing derby double
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Martin relishing Mill Field trip
Romford’s Paul Martin is hoping his side complete a league double as they take on former landlords Aveley tonight (Friday).
Boro returned from a 17-day break to beat Cheshunt 3-2 in Ryman One North midweek, but Martin felt it could have been more comfortable.
He said: “I would’ve kicked myself if we had thrown it away.
“We should’ve been out of sight and they could’ve had no complaints if we had won 5-2 or 6-2.
You may also want to watch:
“It could’ve been 3-0 or 4-0 by half-time but we were almost made to pay for a couple of individual mistakes again.”
A second successive win for Boro, following their January 12 success over Ware, lifted them up to tenth, but Millers go into tonight’s game on the back of four straight wins.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
Martin was quick to point out they were on a similar run when Romford beat them at Ship Lane in December.
“They will be up for it as well and fancy their chances,” he added.
“They are on a good run of form, but it was the same when we played and beat them last time. Hopefully it can happen again and we can do the double.”
If tonight’s match falls foul of the weather, the teams will try again tomorrow (Saturday).