Romford charity supporters run and want more people to join them next time
Staff and relatives of workers at a Romford-based charity recently completed a 10k run in London and are encouraging others to get involved in fundraising.
After the success of the run, The Lennox Children’s Cancer Fund, based in Mawney Road, is encouraging supporters to enter the London Kilomathon in Lee Valley in October.
The Kilomathon is a running event of different lengths and distances, for different age groups.
More than �1,100 was raised by the six runners who took part in the London 10k for the charity.
Vicky Nash, who took part, said: “It was a great team effort and a very enjoyable experience.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the charity visit: www.lennoxccf.org.uk.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 5 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor