Sapphire Ice and Leisure’s pool closes after reports person was taken to hospital
- Credit: Archant
Romford’s leisure centre’s pool closed this morning after a swimmer became unwell.
The London Ambulance Service was called at around 7am today (Thursday, October 31) to reports of a person unwell in Western Road, Romford.
An LAS spokeswoman said: "We dispatched a number of resources to the scene including: an advanced paramedic, our hazardous area response team (Hart), an ambulance crew, three medics in response cars and an incident response officer to the scene.
"We treated a man at the scene and took him to hospital."
Havering Council also tweeted that the pool at the centre is currently closed after a swimmer was taken ill.
You may also want to watch:
"We will provide further information when the pool is reopened."
Tom Fletcher, area contract manager at Everyone Active said: "Unfortunately, a customer became ill whilst using the pool at Sapphire Ice and Leisure today.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 9 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
"Colleagues administered first aid and the emergency services were called to take the gentleman to hospital.
"Following the incident, we have taken the decision to close the swimming pool for a short while.
"We hope to have the pool back open at 3pm.
"Our gym and group exercise facilities all remain open as normal."