Romford captain needs rest
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Barry set to miss Market visit
Romford captain Jack Barry expects to be a frustrated onlooker when his side entertain Needham Market in Ryman Division One North tonight.
Boro welcome the Marketmen to Ship Lane, having battled to a 2-2 draw at Potters Bar at the weekend.
Barry was forced to limp out of the action early, due to a recurrence of a hamstring problem, and is gearing himself up for a seat in the stands this evening.
He said: “I don’t think I will be involved due to my hamstring injury, but it will be difficult for me not to be on the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
“But it is a risk to play me and then cause further injury, then miss the rest of the season and I’ve played too many games to miss the rest of the season.
“That would be a massive blow for me because I can’t handle missing one game, let alone the last four.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Lewis Francis cancelled out an early Potters bar goal at the weekend, but David Ottley blazed over from the spot in the second half.
The home side regained the lead, but James Ishmail earned Boro a point with his second goal of the campaign, extending their unbeaten run to four games and keeping hopes of a top-10 finish alive.
Francis scored twice, including a late penalty, as Boro earned a 2-2 draw at Needham Market earlier in the season.
And Barry added: “The boys will be fully confident and on a high after the last few games and I’m confident of taking all three points.
“I’m sure the boys will put in a good performance once again.”