Romford cab driver attacked by passengers
A terrified Romford cab driver is recovering after he was beaten up, threatened with a knife and robbed of more than �600 by three passengers.
Jakaria Ahmed, who works for A1 Cabs based in South Street, Romford was subjected to the terrifying ordeal on January 27 at around 2.40am in Gay Gardens, Dagenham.
He said: “It was very scary and it has left me very shaken.”
The-32-year-old from Canary Wharf picked up the three men from his office in Romford in the early hours of the morning.
He says that he was told to take them to Eastbrook Road, Dagenham but on the way they changed the destination.
You may also want to watch:
As he was about to drop them off, the men turned on him, threatening him with a knife before forcing him to hand over all his money.
The crooks made off with �150 of his takings from the night, �500 of his personal money, a mobile phone and a satellite navigation system.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 9 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 10 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
He was found on the road by a member of the public who called the police and the ambulance.
Jakaria, who has still not returned to work after the attack, was left with a black eye and a broken nose, he also needed stitches on his face.
He is now appealing for help to track down the men.
The three suspects are described as white men aged 20-30 years.
Two were slim built and another is described as medium build.
Jakaria said: “The police still have not found these men, but I think they need to catch them before they do the same thing to someone else.”
A spokesman for the police said: “I can confirm that police are investigating the robbery that took place in Gay Gardens, Dagenham at 2.40am.
“The investigation is ongoing.”
Anyone with information should call PC Dave Parish of Barking and Dagenham Police Robbery Squad on 0203 276 1045 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.