Romford boy is Little Man 2011
A stylish eight-year-old is celebrating after being crowned as the Little Man 2011 in a boy’s beauty pageant competition.
Baxter Willoughby from Rise Park, Romford is over the moon after he was named as the winner of the beauty pageant in Colchester on Sunday May 2.
Baxter’s Mum, Jane Willoughby said: “We were all so shocked because all the cameras were on him and we just could not believe that he won.”
The competition, which was based on the American style beauty pageants saw Baxter who attends Rise Park Park Junior School competing with 13 other boys aged four to 13 in sports wear. funky wear and formal wear.
Baxter, who attends Colin’s Performing Arts School and Rise Park Junior School impressed the judges in the funky category where he strutted his stuff on the catwalk with clothes specifically picked out from Primark by his mum and he also wowed the judges with his evening wear, created by David’s Formal Wear Shop in Elm Park.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: “It was fantastic, when he walked out in his evening wear everyone just said that he had to win because he looked so smart.”
Baxter, who is also due to appear on ITV’s Daybreak became involved in Modelling in 2009 when he won The Mall’s Get Into Fashion Competition.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022
A year later, Baxter was invited to enter the Little Man 2010 competition by organiser Pam Boon when he came second.
Jane said: “It was fantastic that he came second last year because its not about winning.
“We just want to boost his confidence and to make him enjoy himself.”
Baxter is also set to compete against the other winners across Europe in the Little Man World Competition in October.
Organiser, Pam Boon said: “Baxter was confident, a great little mover, was really charismatic and he had that extra spark.”