Romford boss to rotate
Martin makes changes for Aveley test
Romford manager Paul Martin is hoping his players avoid injury against Aveley in the Ryman League cup tonight, with their FA Trophy tie at Boreham Wood coming up on Saturday.
Boro eased to a 5-1 win over Waltham Forest in the league last weekend and Martin will shuffle his pack as he looks to get the best out of his squad.
He said: “I’ve got the headache of making my selection, but still think my squad is strong enough.
“We left a couple out at the weekend, to give them the day off and keep fresh, and we’ll do the same in midweek to make sure everyone’s fit for Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Kurt [Smith] and Alex [Read] will probably be up front as both are cup-tied on Saturday. Alex is in great form, so we’ll still be quite strong in attack.
“Toran [Senghore] might have a little run out and Danny Rafis as well. But we’ll probably rest the back line and give the likes of Jack Barry and Kevin Neville a run out. We don’t want to throw a derby match away.”
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 7 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 8 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?