Romford boss to rotate
Martin makes changes for Aveley test
Romford manager Paul Martin is hoping his players avoid injury against Aveley in the Ryman League cup tonight, with their FA Trophy tie at Boreham Wood coming up on Saturday.
Boro eased to a 5-1 win over Waltham Forest in the league last weekend and Martin will shuffle his pack as he looks to get the best out of his squad.
He said: “I’ve got the headache of making my selection, but still think my squad is strong enough.
“We left a couple out at the weekend, to give them the day off and keep fresh, and we’ll do the same in midweek to make sure everyone’s fit for Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
“Kurt [Smith] and Alex [Read] will probably be up front as both are cup-tied on Saturday. Alex is in great form, so we’ll still be quite strong in attack.
“Toran [Senghore] might have a little run out and Danny Rafis as well. But we’ll probably rest the back line and give the likes of Jack Barry and Kevin Neville a run out. We don’t want to throw a derby match away.”
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 3 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 8 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Sonic boom heard across east London, Essex and Cambridge