Romford boss realistic about defeats
Martin: We can’t moan
Romford’s Paul Martin was in philosophical mood after seeing his side lose to Redbridge and Thamesmead over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Boro were beaten 3-0 by Motormen on New Year’s Eve, then lost to the only goal of Monday’s Ryman One North game at Mill Field.
The double setback saw Boro slip down the table, but Martin said: “I can’t complain about Redbridge. They were better than us on the day and we got too involved with the referee.
“I’m not moaning about the referee because we got beat, but he lost control of the game early.
You may also want to watch:
“We could’ve been down to 10 men after five minutes, but then we could’ve had a couple of penalties. We weren’t good enough.
“The Thamesmead game was a stalemate and it was always going to be a scrappy goal to win it. My defence was top drawer, but it was a very below-par game.”
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 87-room care home on Ardleigh Green college site granted permission