Romford boss realistic about defeats
Martin: We can’t moan
Romford’s Paul Martin was in philosophical mood after seeing his side lose to Redbridge and Thamesmead over the Bank Holiday weekend.
Boro were beaten 3-0 by Motormen on New Year’s Eve, then lost to the only goal of Monday’s Ryman One North game at Mill Field.
The double setback saw Boro slip down the table, but Martin said: “I can’t complain about Redbridge. They were better than us on the day and we got too involved with the referee.
“I’m not moaning about the referee because we got beat, but he lost control of the game early.
You may also want to watch:
“We could’ve been down to 10 men after five minutes, but then we could’ve had a couple of penalties. We weren’t good enough.
“The Thamesmead game was a stalemate and it was always going to be a scrappy goal to win it. My defence was top drawer, but it was a very below-par game.”
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 7 Romford Town swimmer Junayna Ahmed to compete in Olympic Games
- 8 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 9 New community hub opens in Rainham 'following Harold Hill centre's success'
- 10 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub