Romford boss Martin still hurting
Loss against leaders leaves a mark
Romford manager Paul Martin is still coming to terms with his side’s 3-2 defeat at Ryman One North leaders Leiston.
Michael Brothers took advantage of a poor Boro start to net a 22-minute hat-trick in sunny Suffolk.
But Kurt Smith hit back with a quickfire double in the second half and Andy Edmunds almost snatched a late leveller.
Martin moaned: “You can’t give teams a 3-0 lead, especially teams who are in-form and top of the league.
You may also want to watch:
“We said to the boys we should be confident as we’re playing good football, but we had a bad 20 minutes and it cost us dearly.
“They shouldn’t need a rollicking at half-time, but the response was strong and we gave the supporters who travelled up there something to remember in the second half.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
“But as a manager I can’t be pleased, because we didn’t get a point from it.”
Boro are due to host Waltham Forest on Saturday, before visiting Brentwood in a rearranged derby on Tuesday.
Jamie Dicks is available after a three-match suspension, but captain Paul Clayton may miss out after celebrating the birth of his daughter this week.
Martin added: “There’s been a lot of shuffling lately. We’ll see what their fitness levels are like and Clayts might have another weekend off after just having a baby. That’s another little Romford fan out there!”