Romford boss hopes to avoid injury
Martin prepares for Millers friendly
Romford manager Paul Martin wants a nice, clean contest with landlords Aveley tonight (7.30pm).
Boro face the Millers in their final pre-season friendly before the new Ryman League campaign gets underway at the weekend.
And Martin is hoping his players emerge unscathed, after seeing Abs Seymour injured in the 5-1 defeat at Hythe Town on Saturday.
He said: “We got bullied basically, but I was disappointed with the referee as there were a few bad tackles and Abs could now be out for up to four weeks with ankle ligament damage.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got to wait for the swelling to go down and will get Pete (Shepherd) to have a closer look on Thursday.
“But once Abs came off, we collapsed a little bit. We had too much of a young side out to be honest, with nine or ten others missing.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
“We didn’t realise how strong and physical they would be and we took a couple of under-18s, who learnt how aggressive it can be.
“It was like a cup tie to them, they didn’t hold back!”
Keke St Hilaire netted the Boro consolation, but Martin should have more of his more senior members available this evening.
He added: “We need to give a few people an hour or so as it’s our last workout before the league starts.
“But we’ve got to make sure we don’t get any knocks for Saturday,” he added.
Romford open their Division One North campaign at Harlow on Saturday.