Romford boss hopes to avoid injury
Martin prepares for Millers friendly
Romford manager Paul Martin wants a nice, clean contest with landlords Aveley tonight (7.30pm).
Boro face the Millers in their final pre-season friendly before the new Ryman League campaign gets underway at the weekend.
And Martin is hoping his players emerge unscathed, after seeing Abs Seymour injured in the 5-1 defeat at Hythe Town on Saturday.
He said: “We got bullied basically, but I was disappointed with the referee as there were a few bad tackles and Abs could now be out for up to four weeks with ankle ligament damage.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got to wait for the swelling to go down and will get Pete (Shepherd) to have a closer look on Thursday.
“But once Abs came off, we collapsed a little bit. We had too much of a young side out to be honest, with nine or ten others missing.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 East London police officer charged with rape
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
“We didn’t realise how strong and physical they would be and we took a couple of under-18s, who learnt how aggressive it can be.
“It was like a cup tie to them, they didn’t hold back!”
Keke St Hilaire netted the Boro consolation, but Martin should have more of his more senior members available this evening.
He added: “We need to give a few people an hour or so as it’s our last workout before the league starts.
“But we’ve got to make sure we don’t get any knocks for Saturday,” he added.
Romford open their Division One North campaign at Harlow on Saturday.