Romford boss hails recruits
Martin pleased with performances
Romford boss Paul Martin hailed two of his recent recruits after their win over Ryman One North high-flyers Aveley.
Former Boro striker Petrit Elbi put Millers ahead at Ship Lane, but Billy Hunt levelled in first-half stoppage time with his first goal in a Romford shirt and Matt Toms headed a 71st-minute winner for Martin’s men.
Debutant keeper Chris Clark kept a cool head between the posts to help clinch a 2-1 victory and Martin said: “Billy Hunt hasn’t played much and is lacking a bit of match fitness but he has got a good left foot on him.
“It was a great strike, which should give him a bit of confidence.
You may also want to watch:
“Chris Clark did really well too. He was released by Barking and signed for us as cover, but has got experience and kicks well and didn’t look out of place.”
Martin also wished departing players Ryan Imbert and Hussein Isa well, following their recent moves to Thurrock and Heybridge.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
Imbert had netted five times and linked up well with Nick Reynolds, while Isa had four goals to his name to this term.
Martin added: “It’s hard to keep them all happy. Ryan had paid his dues with us and we wish him all the best.
“The same with Hussein. If someone like Heybridge comes in for you, you’ve got to take those moves.
“But we find people and I’ve got the pick of the reserves, as they’ve got no fixtures now.”
Bobby Port has joined Ilford on loan to get match time, but Elliot Long faces another month out after breaking down in a friendly against Billericay on Monday.