Romford boss hails recruits
Martin pleased with performances
Romford boss Paul Martin hailed two of his recent recruits after their win over Ryman One North high-flyers Aveley.
Former Boro striker Petrit Elbi put Millers ahead at Ship Lane, but Billy Hunt levelled in first-half stoppage time with his first goal in a Romford shirt and Matt Toms headed a 71st-minute winner for Martin’s men.
Debutant keeper Chris Clark kept a cool head between the posts to help clinch a 2-1 victory and Martin said: “Billy Hunt hasn’t played much and is lacking a bit of match fitness but he has got a good left foot on him.
“It was a great strike, which should give him a bit of confidence.
You may also want to watch:
“Chris Clark did really well too. He was released by Barking and signed for us as cover, but has got experience and kicks well and didn’t look out of place.”
Martin also wished departing players Ryan Imbert and Hussein Isa well, following their recent moves to Thurrock and Heybridge.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
Imbert had netted five times and linked up well with Nick Reynolds, while Isa had four goals to his name to this term.
Martin added: “It’s hard to keep them all happy. Ryan had paid his dues with us and we wish him all the best.
“The same with Hussein. If someone like Heybridge comes in for you, you’ve got to take those moves.
“But we find people and I’ve got the pick of the reserves, as they’ve got no fixtures now.”
Bobby Port has joined Ilford on loan to get match time, but Elliot Long faces another month out after breaking down in a friendly against Billericay on Monday.