Romford boss hails ‘massive result’
Martin reflects on success at Grays
Romford manager Paul Martin praised his side’s work ethic after their Ryman Division One North success at high-flying Grays.
Boro fell behind in the second half but Abs Seymour replied with a brace to seal a 2-1 win which lifted Martin’s men up to ninth.
Victory extended their unbeaten run to seven games and Martin said: “We’ve done well. It was a massive result for us.
“We’re playing half decent and getting results and when you go on runs when you don’t get beat, you get confidence.
You may also want to watch:
“To be honest, we shouldn’t have taken any points. They dominated and hit the woodwork twice and forced Lamar [Joseph-Johnson] to make three or four top saves.
“The pitch was very heavy too, but the boys knuckled down and worked hard for each other.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 5 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 6 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 9 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
“I think we only attacked three times, but we scored two goals. That’s football. We’ve had it happen to us before.”