Romford boss delighted
Martin looking for more
ROMFORD’S Paul Martin could hardly hide his delight as his side moved up to third place in Ryman One North with last night’s 2-0 victory over Grays.
Andy Edmunds gave Boro an early lead with a somewhat fortunate strike, with Paul Kavanagh’s late penalty sealing the points against Julian Dicks’ side at Mill Field.
And Martin wants his side to keep pushing, saying: “We’ve got 22 points now, which we didn’t get until Christmas or New Year last season.
“We only need another 18 to reach our first target, but I want us to go for the play-offs and I don’t see why we can’t.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve got to look at taking it on. There are a lot of hard games still coming up. We’ve got Heybridge, East Thurrock, Waltham Abbey and Great Wakering and there are no easy games this year.
“We’ll get a sticky patch, every team does, but hopefully we’ll be able to respond, get through winter and still take points off teams.”
- 1 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 2 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 6 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 7 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 8 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 9 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
Edmunds broke the deadlock in the eighth minute, when Paul Kavanagh’s crossfield pass picked him out on the right and his hard-hit centre flashed past Stuart Robinson in the Grays goal.
“The finish was a little bit lucky,” said Martin.
“It was a very good move, though. Kav pinged a 60-yard ball out to Andy and he tried to drill it in hard and low, but the wind took it a bit and it ended up in the top corner.
“We didn’t have this luck last year and you need that if you’re going to win things.”