Romford beautician battles it out in TV series
A ROMFORD beautician has reached the finals of a unique TV series searching for the greatest young talent in the country.
Heather Martin, 24, co-owner of the Halls of Ivy salon in South Street, beat hundreds of applicants to be named one of four finalists in BBC Three show, Young Talent of the Year in the Top Beautician of the Year category.
The show aims to recognise the “unsung heroes of Britain,” with other categories including Young Hairdresser, Young Butcher and Young Plumber of the Year.
Dedicated Heather will face a series of tough challenges designed to push her professional skills to limit, judged by a panel of experts.
She is now filming the series, which is due to be aired in December.
You may also want to watch:
Heather started up her Romford salon and in-house training academy with partner Mike Worboys.
Salon worker Jodie Braithwaite told the Recorder: “Heather is a great boss. She’s very motivated and ambitious and very sociable with clients.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations