Romford based concert party, The Entertainers celebrate their 600th performance
A Romford based concert party who have raised more than �120,000 for charity have celebrated their 600th performance.
The Entertainers marked the milestone earlier this month with a special performance at the pensioner’s club at the Albermarle Youth House in Gooshays Drive, Harold Hill.
One of the members, Bunny Eagling said: “I think it is quite an achievement to have reached our 600th performance.
“There are only a few original members left but I am sure that when they first started the group, 21 years ago they never thought that they would be celebrating 600 show.”
The all singing and all dancing group for over 50s were formed 21 years ago by founder member and marathon runner Paul Freedman OBE,
You may also want to watch:
The group raise money for charity and do shows for people who are unable to leave their homes.
Bunny said: “For us its not always about the raising money for charity, but every year who also perform to terminally ill patients at St Francis Hospice.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
“Something like that is very important because we are entertaining people who can not leave their homes and we really feel that we brighten up their days by performing to them.”
But in order for the group to survive for another 600 performance, they are appealing for new members.
They are looking for anyone with some background in singer/dancing to join the group.
They are also on the look out for a new pianist/organist.
The group rehearse every Tuesday in Elm Park from 10.30am to 12.30pm, anyone interested should contact Bunny on 01708 373027 or Jean on 07802888481.