Romford based concert party, The Entertainers celebrate their 600th performance
A Romford based concert party who have raised more than �120,000 for charity have celebrated their 600th performance.
The Entertainers marked the milestone earlier this month with a special performance at the pensioner’s club at the Albermarle Youth House in Gooshays Drive, Harold Hill.
One of the members, Bunny Eagling said: “I think it is quite an achievement to have reached our 600th performance.
“There are only a few original members left but I am sure that when they first started the group, 21 years ago they never thought that they would be celebrating 600 show.”
The all singing and all dancing group for over 50s were formed 21 years ago by founder member and marathon runner Paul Freedman OBE,
You may also want to watch:
The group raise money for charity and do shows for people who are unable to leave their homes.
Bunny said: “For us its not always about the raising money for charity, but every year who also perform to terminally ill patients at St Francis Hospice.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
“Something like that is very important because we are entertaining people who can not leave their homes and we really feel that we brighten up their days by performing to them.”
But in order for the group to survive for another 600 performance, they are appealing for new members.
They are looking for anyone with some background in singer/dancing to join the group.
They are also on the look out for a new pianist/organist.
The group rehearse every Tuesday in Elm Park from 10.30am to 12.30pm, anyone interested should contact Bunny on 01708 373027 or Jean on 07802888481.