Isthmian League: Romford 5 Histon 1
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Romford claimed their first Isthmian League North Division win of the season and did so in some style at Brentwood Arena on Saturday.
Boro had been on the wrong end of a 6-1 home defeat againast Grays Athletc in midweek, but went close to inflicting that margin of defeat on Histon in the first-ever meeting between the two clubs.
Only five minutes had been played when Timi Babalola put Paul Martin's men in front, but their joy was shortlived as Dan Brown got the visitors back on terms within two minutes.
The home side regained the lead on 18 minutes, though, as Reece Tranter found the net and Babalola made it 3-1 with his second midway through the first half.
Boro added their fourth inside two minutes of the second half, thanks to Giovanni Palmer to leave Histon with a mountain to climb.
You may also want to watch:
And Palmer secured the points when completing the nap hand for the hosts, who remain bottom of the table despite their success.
Romford: Riddell, Joseph, Palmer (Sumithran 78), McLeavy, Agboola, Cossington, Toussaint, Tranter (Kessell 69), Cox (Anastasious 84), Babalola, Little.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 3 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 8 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Money raised by Captain Tom to be used to fund new ambulances
Unused subs: Ogun, Nesbitt.