Rom Skatepark’s BMX jam a ‘roaring success’
- Credit: RideUK/Adam Lievesley.
A grade II listed skatepark in Hornchurch hosted a BMX event in a bid to bring the community together.
Held on Saturday, July 10, the Rom Skatepark organised the BMX jam after the park’s closure throughout the pandemic.
BMX rider, Mike Hullock, took home the pro competition first prize of £1,000.
A spokesperson for the park said that the event provided an opportunity to boost the park’s reputation as a “unique experience” for all the family to enjoy.
They said: “The jam was a roaring success and an incredible day unlike anything we have ever hosted before.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an absolute pleasure to have everyone at the park for the jam, old faces and new ones.
“The local community is really the lifeblood of what keeps Rom alive, and we can’t wait to welcome more people through the gates as we spread the word.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 5 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 6 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 7 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 8 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 9 Summer camps and classes in and around Romford
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array