Roger Evans AM: Boris will meet Havering Council to discuss Romford station
Mayor of London Boris Johnson will meet Havering Council to discuss Crossrail’s impact on Romford station.
Newly elected Havering and Redbridge London Assembly member Roger Evans got Boris to make the commitment during his first Mayor’s Question Time session on Wednesday May 23rd.
Mr Evans, who is also a councillor for Elm Park, said the station would be overcrowded if existing Crossrail plans went ahead.
Cllr Evans said afterwards: “As things stand we won’t get the bright shiny new station we’d been promised.
“It will be a big lost opportunity to develop this area of Romford, so I am delighted that Boris is prepared to step in.”
You may also want to watch:
During Mayor’s Question Time, Cllr Evans also raised the issue of the introduction of the new Routemaster buses across London.
“I can confidently say we will be looking forward to seeing those crossing the border into Havering and Redbridge,” he said afterwards.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying