Rivals prepare for cup action
Dulwich v Romford; Heybridge v Hornchurch
Both Romford and Hornchurch will look to continue their bid for silverware this evening.
Boro travel to south London to take on Dulwich in the fourth round of the Ryman League Cup, while Urchins visit Heybridge for an Essex Senior Cup quarter-final tie.
Romford slipped to only their third Ryman One North defeat of the season on Saturday, as two goals from Brentwood’s former Hornchurch striker Sos Yao condemned them to a 2-0 loss.
Yao fired the home side into an early lead from a corner and Boro saw Alex Read and Toran Senghore go close either side of the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal arrived just past the hour when a long ball found Yao in space and he lobbed Adam Rafis.
Hornchurch, meanwhile, had to settle for a point from their Ryman Premier Division meeting with Carshalton.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
Rikki Burbridge was named among the substitutes, having rejoined the club from Braintree, but was not called upon by manager Jimmy McFarlane as the match ended in a goalless draw.
The home side had Justyn Roberts sent off with 18 minutes remaining, but Urchins could not make the extra man count and dropped one place in the table to eighth, three points off a play-off place.