Rivals prepare for cup action
Dulwich v Romford; Heybridge v Hornchurch
Both Romford and Hornchurch will look to continue their bid for silverware this evening.
Boro travel to south London to take on Dulwich in the fourth round of the Ryman League Cup, while Urchins visit Heybridge for an Essex Senior Cup quarter-final tie.
Romford slipped to only their third Ryman One North defeat of the season on Saturday, as two goals from Brentwood’s former Hornchurch striker Sos Yao condemned them to a 2-0 loss.
Yao fired the home side into an early lead from a corner and Boro saw Alex Read and Toran Senghore go close either side of the break.
You may also want to watch:
The second goal arrived just past the hour when a long ball found Yao in space and he lobbed Adam Rafis.
Hornchurch, meanwhile, had to settle for a point from their Ryman Premier Division meeting with Carshalton.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
Rikki Burbridge was named among the substitutes, having rejoined the club from Braintree, but was not called upon by manager Jimmy McFarlane as the match ended in a goalless draw.
The home side had Justyn Roberts sent off with 18 minutes remaining, but Urchins could not make the extra man count and dropped one place in the table to eighth, three points off a play-off place.