Rise Park man Mike Galley nets £1,000 in St Francis Hospice, Havering-atte-Bower, weekly lottery
- Credit: Archant
Rise Park railway worker Mike Galley is on track for a summer holiday in Crete after winning £1,000.
Mike, who works on the Docklands Light Railway in Poplar, Tower Hamlets, scooped the prize in last week’s St Francis Hospice lottery draw.
The 48-year-old said: “It was a lovely surprise to win, especially just after Christmas. As we didn’t get a chance to get away last summer we’ll use the money towards a family holiday in Crete this summer.
“It’s such a small amount, just £1 a week, to play that you don’t even notice it.”
To sign up to the lottery – which dishes out a £1,000 first prize every week, as well as a rollover second prize, and 10 third prizes of £10 each – go to www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433.
You may also want to watch:
You can also buy a lottery gift voucher as a present from any St Francis Hospice shop.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood