Rise Park man Mike Galley nets £1,000 in St Francis Hospice, Havering-atte-Bower, weekly lottery
- Credit: Archant
Rise Park railway worker Mike Galley is on track for a summer holiday in Crete after winning £1,000.
Mike, who works on the Docklands Light Railway in Poplar, Tower Hamlets, scooped the prize in last week’s St Francis Hospice lottery draw.
The 48-year-old said: “It was a lovely surprise to win, especially just after Christmas. As we didn’t get a chance to get away last summer we’ll use the money towards a family holiday in Crete this summer.
“It’s such a small amount, just £1 a week, to play that you don’t even notice it.”
To sign up to the lottery – which dishes out a £1,000 first prize every week, as well as a rollover second prize, and 10 third prizes of £10 each – go to www.sfh.org.uk or call 01708 771433.
You may also want to watch:
You can also buy a lottery gift voucher as a present from any St Francis Hospice shop.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says