Richardson wins it for Romford
Boro complete pre-season with Aveley success
Chris Richardson’s 13th-minute goal was enough for Romford to beat landlords Aveley in their final pre-season friendly of the summer last night.
Richardson took advantage of a mix-up between keeper Kunle Adekayejo and Spencer Harrison, who captained a makeshift Millers on the night, to roll the ball into an unguarded net.
Chances were few and far between after that, but there was no certainly shortage of commitment.
Hyun Jin-Lee and Harrison clashed after the Romford man’s heavy tackle on Lewis Warren.
You may also want to watch:
And Harrison was booked, along with Romford’s Keke St Hilaire, after a skirmish following his foul on Boro keeper Lamar Joseph-Johnson.
Romford, with Ricki Mackin, Paul Kavanagh and Paul Clayton back in their line-up, held on for victory, though, to give themselves a lift going into the new Ryman Division One North campaign this weekend.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Love is in the hair: Care home helps resident rekindle hairdressing passion