Richardson wins it for Romford
Boro complete pre-season with Aveley success
Chris Richardson’s 13th-minute goal was enough for Romford to beat landlords Aveley in their final pre-season friendly of the summer last night.
Richardson took advantage of a mix-up between keeper Kunle Adekayejo and Spencer Harrison, who captained a makeshift Millers on the night, to roll the ball into an unguarded net.
Chances were few and far between after that, but there was no certainly shortage of commitment.
Hyun Jin-Lee and Harrison clashed after the Romford man’s heavy tackle on Lewis Warren.
You may also want to watch:
And Harrison was booked, along with Romford’s Keke St Hilaire, after a skirmish following his foul on Boro keeper Lamar Joseph-Johnson.
Romford, with Ricki Mackin, Paul Kavanagh and Paul Clayton back in their line-up, held on for victory, though, to give themselves a lift going into the new Ryman Division One North campaign this weekend.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project