Richardson wins it for Romford
Boro complete pre-season with Aveley success
Chris Richardson’s 13th-minute goal was enough for Romford to beat landlords Aveley in their final pre-season friendly of the summer last night.
Richardson took advantage of a mix-up between keeper Kunle Adekayejo and Spencer Harrison, who captained a makeshift Millers on the night, to roll the ball into an unguarded net.
Chances were few and far between after that, but there was no certainly shortage of commitment.
Hyun Jin-Lee and Harrison clashed after the Romford man’s heavy tackle on Lewis Warren.
You may also want to watch:
And Harrison was booked, along with Romford’s Keke St Hilaire, after a skirmish following his foul on Boro keeper Lamar Joseph-Johnson.
Romford, with Ricki Mackin, Paul Kavanagh and Paul Clayton back in their line-up, held on for victory, though, to give themselves a lift going into the new Ryman Division One North campaign this weekend.
- 1 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
- 2 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 3 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 4 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 5 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 10 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area