Reynolds has Romford on the rise

Hornchurch head home empty-handed

A last-gasp goal from Nick Reynolds lifted Romford to victory against Potters Bar in Ryman Division One North at the weekend.

Reynolds climbed highest to reach a Joe Oates free-kick and his header beat visiting keeper Ed Thompson to seal a 2-1 victory and help in-form Boro climb up to sixth place.

Matt Toms hit the outside of a post in the first half, but Boro fell behind just past the hour when James Gersfield netted from the spot.

Paul Martin’s men hit back with a penalty of their own on 74 minutes when substitute Lewis Francis stroke home to level.

You may also want to watch:

And the home side clinched all three points late on thanks to Reynolds eighth goal in 12 matches this campaign.

Boro are back in action at Waltham Abbey tomorrow (Tuesday, 7.45pm).

Most Read

Hornchurch made the long trip home from Cornwall empty-handed after a 3-2 defeat at Conference South rivals Truro, meanwhile.

Both sides had chances in the first half, with Tambeson Eyong firing wide for Urchins, before the home side took the lead through Kieffer Moore.

Truro doubled their lead as Moore struck again early in the second half, but Leon McKenzie hit back for Urchins before keeper Tim Sandercombe was forced off with injury.

Jake Ash took over as emergency keeper and Truro player-manager Lee Hodges came off the bench to help set up a third goal for Andy Watkins on 66 minutes.

Ash denied Urchins on several occasions until injury time, when McKenzie claimed his second goal of the afternoon.

But it was too little, too late for Jimmy McFarlane’s injury-hit squad, who have now lost their last five league matches.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter