Residents to get free number plate kits fitted at Gallows Corner
- Credit: Archant
Residents are being given the chance to get free number plate kits fitted.
Havering Council is inviting people to a number plate security roadshow at Halfords in Gallows Corner on Sunday March 10.
Between 10.30am and 4.30pm, staff at Halfords will replace the screws on residents’ number plates with tamper-proof versions.
The council is providing the kits and Halfords will fit them for free.
The local Safer Neighbourhood Team will also be on hand to give advice to people about how they can protect themselves from being victims of this and other crimes such as burglary.
You may also want to watch:
About 150 residents came along to the last car number plate security roadshow organised by Havering Council at Tesco in Rainham in October last year.
Cllr Geoff Starns, Cabinet Member for Community Safety, said: “It’s something that most of us wouldn’t think twice about, but if your number plate is stolen, you could be made vulnerable if it is used for other crimes.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
“This is a great and really simple way of protecting yourself from becoming a victim of this crime, and it won’t take a minute to do either. I’d recommend that everyone who owns a vehicle puts this kit on their car.”