Residents invited to new variety club at Havering Museum
Residents aged 50 and over can look forward to trying new things and meeting new people at Havering Museum’s new variety club.
The club meets fortnightly on a Thursday at the musuem in High Street, Romford.
At the last meeting, the group enjoyed a musical quiz which triggered lots of memories.
Ellen Owen, who organised the events said: “This is a great way to make friends in a creative environment, which allows people to try different things and have fun.
“I know I certainly will have a lot of fun doing these events with people as they energise me and hopefully I will pass on a little bit of my passion for life and enjoyment.”
You may also want to watch:
Another variety club also meets at the museum every Wednesday at 1.30pm.
Anyone interested in joining should call Ellen on 01708 766 571 for the Wednesday group and Stephen Bynon on 01708 796 601 for the Thursday group.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 5 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 6 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 7 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor