Residents invited to meeting about plans to sell off Upminster park car park
- Credit: Archant
Residents can have their say about plans to sell off Upminster Park car park and the site of the Old Windmill Hall.
The Friends of Upminster Park are inviting people to attend a meeting at Havering Town Hall in Main Road, Romford at 6pm on Tuesday March 12.
As part of the latest proposals, the site and the adjoining land in St Mary’s Lane, Upminster which has been used as a car park since the Nineties, will be sold.
But residents say the loss of the 15 car parking spaces will add to Upminster’s parking problems.
Pat Flavell, from the Friends of Upminster Park said: “Upminster has such an excellent variety of shops, that it attracts many visitors, but by reducing the number of car parking spaces we will only encourage them to go to Lakeside.”
You may also want to watch:
The council say that the funds used from the sale of the site will be used to make improvements in Havering, without raising council tax.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway