Residents invited to get muddy for St Francis Hospice
Active residents can get fit this New Year while raising money for a good cause.
St Francis Hospice is looking for fundraisers to take part in its Mud ‘n’ Madness challenge at Stubbers Adventure Centre in Ockendon Road, Upminster on Saturday February 9.
Lauren Josman, who works as the hospice events manager took part in the inaugural event last year.
She said: “It was a fantastic experience and a real challenge as you had to wade through muddy waters and climb over obstacles. It was very rewarding to complete the course and raise money for Saint Francis Hospice.”
Individuals and teams of three can enter the 7.5km challenge which involves a series of army style challenges over 1,500m, 800m on the water, a 1,400m run, river crossing, obstacle course, 2,400m run through a muddy course and more.
You may also want to watch:
Places are �35 for individuals and �100 for teams of three and you will be asked to raise as much sponsorship as you can for Saint Francis Hospice.
If you’d like to find out more or sign-up as part of the Hospice team please visit www.onestepbeyond.org.uk/mud-n-madness-adventure-race.php and mention Saint Francis Hospice when you register.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 7 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather