Residents invited to fun day at Myplace Centre in Harold Hill
Residents can have a peek around the borough’s newest flagship centre.
The myplace centre will be opening its doors for a community fun day on Saturday June 23.
Starting at 11am to 4pm, the activities will include lots of fun for all the family such as a rolling programme of dance and music performances in the hall, drama workshops, children’s party dance classes, face painting, DJ workshops and tours of the building throughout the day.
There will also be a display of community art projects alongside urban art, a mobile skate park in the adjacent leisure centre’s ball court, a Dr Bike workshop for bike maintenance and security marking on bikes by the police.
The building is due to be offficially opened by MP Tim Loughton, the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Children and Families on Thursday June 21.
You may also want to watch:
The centre, which is for the whole community but specifically targeted for young people, is a zero carbon building making it the borough’s most envuronmentally friendly.
- 1 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 2 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 10 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'