Residents invited to fun day at Myplace Centre in Harold Hill
Residents can have a peek around the borough’s newest flagship centre.
The myplace centre will be opening its doors for a community fun day on Saturday June 23.
Starting at 11am to 4pm, the activities will include lots of fun for all the family such as a rolling programme of dance and music performances in the hall, drama workshops, children’s party dance classes, face painting, DJ workshops and tours of the building throughout the day.
There will also be a display of community art projects alongside urban art, a mobile skate park in the adjacent leisure centre’s ball court, a Dr Bike workshop for bike maintenance and security marking on bikes by the police.
The building is due to be offficially opened by MP Tim Loughton, the Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Children and Families on Thursday June 21.
You may also want to watch:
The centre, which is for the whole community but specifically targeted for young people, is a zero carbon building making it the borough’s most envuronmentally friendly.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren