‘Brilliant’ turnout for popular Collier Row Carnival and Family Fun Day
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of residents took to the streets of Collier Row for festive stalls, food and a special annual parade.
This year’s Collier Row Carnival and Family Fun Day took place on Sunday, August 5, inviting residents to take part in their seventh annual event.
Lesley Haylett of the Collier Row Community Group told the Recorder: “It was amazing. It was absolutely brilliant, it was just a really good community day from beginning to end.
“There was a big variety of stalls with lots of different things going on.
“We had excellent reviews on Facebook with everyone saying how well it went.”
You may also want to watch:
Residents took part in crafts, shopping stalls, Go Bonkers Inflatables, zorbs, a dog show and a food court and Pimms tent.
“Without the support of Chigwell Window Centre we would not have been able to do the carnival,” said Lesley.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice
“Havering Council played a big part and we would also like to thank Harold Wood Funeral Services and Brook Ellis Construction.”
Councillor Jan Sargent attended the carnival and said: “I was extremely honoured to be invited to join the Collier Row Carnival and funday extravaganza!
“What a fantastic day.
“It was so lovely to see a whole community of happy smiley faces.
“I would like to congratulate each and everyone who organised and took part in this wonderful procession.
“From the very young to the not so young I would like to say an enormous, well done. You did Collier Row proud, especially in those extreme temperatures!”