Remember your loved one at hospice’s poignant sunflower picnic
- Credit: Archant
Take time out to enjoy a special picnic in the park while paying a unique tribute to your loved ones.
Saint Francis Hospice will be holding its second Sunflower Picnic at Raphael’s Park, in Romford, on July 19 from 1pm to 5pm.
The picnic will be an opportunity for families and friends to dedicate a sunflower memory marker to the person they miss.
The markers will then form a stunning display.
Karen Freeman, the hospice’s in memoriam giving assistant, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity for families and their friends to come together and enjoy a day in the park as they remember their loved ones.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope as many people as possible will sign up to support the hospice and make this year’s event even more successful.”
The hospice has said that as well as being an emotional and personal day the picnic promises to be an uplifting experience.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 8 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 9 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 10 Charity's 10 years of teaching safe travel to vulnerable young people
There will be a variety of entertainment including performances from Pyrgo Primary School choir, Joanna Eden Jazz Trio and Sparkle Dance and Fitness.
The afternoon will come to a close with a poignant dove release.
People can choose to take their sunflower memory markers home after the picnic or put them on show in the hospice grounds throughout August.
You can get involved by dedicating a sunflower by July 14 online, calling the hospice on 01708 723593 or sending an email to email@example.com