Relief for Romford
Four-game losing streak ends
Romford returned to winning ways in Ryman Division One North with a 3-1 success at lowly Redbridge last night.
Defeats in their previous four outings had seen Boro slip down to 12th in the table, ending their hopes of a play-off place.
But they got off to a fine start at Oakside as Chris Barry netted after only four minutes to give them the lead.
Barry was only a late inclusion in the side and saw former Redbridge striker Alex Read hit the crossbar before the break, then follow up his own effort on the hour to double the visitors lead.
Motormen hit back with a Lee Townrow penalty, but Kurt Smith clinched the points with a last-minute strike.
Victory allowed Boro to climb back up to ninth place, but they are eight points off the play-off places with only four games left to play.
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 7 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
They visit play-off chasing Maldon on Saturday.