Relief for Romford
Four-game losing streak ends
Romford returned to winning ways in Ryman Division One North with a 3-1 success at lowly Redbridge last night.
Defeats in their previous four outings had seen Boro slip down to 12th in the table, ending their hopes of a play-off place.
But they got off to a fine start at Oakside as Chris Barry netted after only four minutes to give them the lead.
Barry was only a late inclusion in the side and saw former Redbridge striker Alex Read hit the crossbar before the break, then follow up his own effort on the hour to double the visitors lead.
You may also want to watch:
Motormen hit back with a Lee Townrow penalty, but Kurt Smith clinched the points with a last-minute strike.
Victory allowed Boro to climb back up to ninth place, but they are eight points off the play-off places with only four games left to play.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 8 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 9 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
They visit play-off chasing Maldon on Saturday.