Relatives of Romford and Brentwood classic car, Singer 10hp, owners sought
A classic car enthusiast is trying to trace previous owners of his motor.
The owner of the 1919 Singer 10hp, from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, contacted the Recorder for help.
Colin Borley said: “I restored it 17 years ago but the only history I had was post 1978 when a Mrs Robinson of Brentwood and then a Mr Higgins of Romford owned it.
“The car was in a disassembled state when I took on the project in 1995 and then restored it back to life to enjoy driving it since.”
He said that a friend of his in New Zealand saw a postcard of the car on eBay and encouraged him to buy it, believing it was a picture of the came car - which it was.
He added: “I’m just really interested in learning about the providence of the car for historical reasons, I know it was bought in 1919 for �120 – which was an awful lot of money in those days.
“I’m hoping someone will recognise the people in the picture and I’ll be able to learn more about the history of it.”
- 1 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 2 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 6 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 7 Pupils explore great outdoors at primary's 'forest school'
- 8 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 9 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 10 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
If you can help Colin call 01733 241 374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.