Relatives of Romford and Brentwood classic car, Singer 10hp, owners sought
A classic car enthusiast is trying to trace previous owners of his motor.
The owner of the 1919 Singer 10hp, from Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, contacted the Recorder for help.
Colin Borley said: “I restored it 17 years ago but the only history I had was post 1978 when a Mrs Robinson of Brentwood and then a Mr Higgins of Romford owned it.
“The car was in a disassembled state when I took on the project in 1995 and then restored it back to life to enjoy driving it since.”
He said that a friend of his in New Zealand saw a postcard of the car on eBay and encouraged him to buy it, believing it was a picture of the came car - which it was.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I’m just really interested in learning about the providence of the car for historical reasons, I know it was bought in 1919 for �120 – which was an awful lot of money in those days.
“I’m hoping someone will recognise the people in the picture and I’ll be able to learn more about the history of it.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
If you can help Colin call 01733 241 374 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.