Reindeers are limelight of winter bazaar at Rainham Care Centre
RESIDENTS at a care centre got in the mood for the festive season with a helping hand from two reindeers.
The elderly people living in Foutains Care Centre in Theydon Gardens, Rainham had a visit from two reindeers as part of their Winter Bazaar on Saturday December 11.
Activity Co-ordinator at the home, Jane Moulder said: “It was a really magical experience seeing the residents getting so close to the reindeers and you could see the surprise in all their faces.”
The residents were able to get up close and personal with the animals and were even allowed to feed them.
Other events also included raffles, a tombola, beauty treatments, snacks like mulled wine and minced pies and they were also able to have a shoppping experience.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: “For many of our residents it was the first time they were seeing reindeers so it was amazing.
“The shopping items was also great because it gave the residents a little of their independence back and they really loved the whole shopping experience.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 7 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
The Winter Bazaar, which was sponsored by a number of companies also helped to raise �300 which will be used to buy equipment and to provide stimulating activities for the residents.