Reindeers are limelight of winter bazaar at Rainham Care Centre
RESIDENTS at a care centre got in the mood for the festive season with a helping hand from two reindeers.
The elderly people living in Foutains Care Centre in Theydon Gardens, Rainham had a visit from two reindeers as part of their Winter Bazaar on Saturday December 11.
Activity Co-ordinator at the home, Jane Moulder said: “It was a really magical experience seeing the residents getting so close to the reindeers and you could see the surprise in all their faces.”
The residents were able to get up close and personal with the animals and were even allowed to feed them.
Other events also included raffles, a tombola, beauty treatments, snacks like mulled wine and minced pies and they were also able to have a shoppping experience.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: “For many of our residents it was the first time they were seeing reindeers so it was amazing.
“The shopping items was also great because it gave the residents a little of their independence back and they really loved the whole shopping experience.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 5 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 6 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 7 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 8 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 9 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 10 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
The Winter Bazaar, which was sponsored by a number of companies also helped to raise �300 which will be used to buy equipment and to provide stimulating activities for the residents.