Reindeers are limelight of winter bazaar at Rainham Care Centre
RESIDENTS at a care centre got in the mood for the festive season with a helping hand from two reindeers.
The elderly people living in Foutains Care Centre in Theydon Gardens, Rainham had a visit from two reindeers as part of their Winter Bazaar on Saturday December 11.
Activity Co-ordinator at the home, Jane Moulder said: “It was a really magical experience seeing the residents getting so close to the reindeers and you could see the surprise in all their faces.”
The residents were able to get up close and personal with the animals and were even allowed to feed them.
Other events also included raffles, a tombola, beauty treatments, snacks like mulled wine and minced pies and they were also able to have a shoppping experience.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: “For many of our residents it was the first time they were seeing reindeers so it was amazing.
“The shopping items was also great because it gave the residents a little of their independence back and they really loved the whole shopping experience.”
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom
The Winter Bazaar, which was sponsored by a number of companies also helped to raise �300 which will be used to buy equipment and to provide stimulating activities for the residents.